- Crua (Natural)
- Crua/Amarela (Natural/Yellow) – First transition
- Amarela (Yellow) – “Gold,” signifies the value of the apprenticeship to be developed
- Amarela/Laranja (Yellow/Orange) – Transition
- Laranja (Orange) – “The Sun,” signifies the awakening of the consciousness of the apprenticeship
- Laranja/Azul (Orange/Blue) – Transition
- Azul (Blue) – “The Sea,” signifies the consciousness of the immensity of the path that is ahead
- Azul/Verde (Blue/Green) – Transition
- Verde (Green) – “The Forest,” signifies the lungs of the world. It is in this graduation that the strength of the work is concentrated, as is the solidification of the apprenticeship. In this graduation lies the foundation of the future of ABADÁ-Capoeira
- Verde/Roxa (Green/Purple) – Transition
- Roxa (Purple) – “The Amethyst,” this is the reflection of the continuity of Capoeira. In this graduation one works to overcome physical, psychological, and spiritual pains in the search for knowledge of Capoeira and the defense of ABADÁ-Capoeira’s ideals
- Roxa/Marrom (Purple/Brown) – Transition
- Marrom (Brown) – “The Chameleon,” at this level the Capoeirista has assimilated the style of the group. From this graduation come future Mestrandos and Mestres.
- Marrom/Vermelho (Brown/Red) – Transition
- Vermelha (Red) – “The “Ruby,” is the stone that symbolizes justice. It is this graduation in which the Capoeirista acquires responsibility towards Capoeira and tries to conduct their work and make decisions with justice.
Currently there are nine Mestrandos(as) in ABADA-Capoeira.
- Vermelha/Branca (Red/White) – in this graduation the Capoeirista tries to develop their potential in order to concentrate and maintain ABADÁ-Capoeira’s ideals. It is a phase of transformation, preparing to obtain the highest graduation in ABADÁ-Capoeira’s system. Currently Mestre Cobra, Mestre Nagô and new Mestres Morcego and Charm hold this rank.
- Branca (White), “The “Diamond,” is the hardest and most resilient mineral. It reflects all colors and all colors are united in white. At this level, it is necessary to make decisions with precision, honesty and above all with wisdom and impartiality.
This rank is held by Mestre Camisa.
- This title was only held by Grão Mestre Camisa Roxa, a former student of legendary Mestre Bimba, and Mestre Camisa’s older brother. It is through the wisdom, patience, humility, loyalty, and firm beliefs of Mestre and Grão Mestre that ABADÁ-Capoeira can maintain its philosophy, tradition and principles. Grão Mestre Camisa Roxa past away on April 18, 2013 in his native Bahia, Brazil.
Children, ages 10 to 16
- Crua/Amarela (natural/yellow)
- Amarela (yellow)
- Crua/Laranja (natural/orange)
- Amarela / Laranja (yellow/orange)
- Laranja (orange)
- Crua/Azul (natural/blue)
- Amarela/Azul (yellow/blue)
- Laranja/Azul (orange/blue)
- Azul (blue)
Children, 9 and under
- Crua (Natural)
- Pontas Crua/Amarela (natural/yellow tassels)
- Pontas amarelas (yellow tassels)
- Ponta amarela/Laranja (yellow/orange tassels)
- Pontas laranjas (orange tassels)
- Pontas Laranja/Azul (orange/blue tassels)
- Pontas Azuis (blue tassels)
- Crua/Amarela (natural/yellow cord)