Update May 12, 2020 | Camp During the Coronavirus Pandemic
As of now, our plan is to host camp, assuming we deem it safe and New York City allows for such activities to take place. Our programming is will be adjusted to meet the needs of the times and following social distancing guidelines. There are currently 4 spots available.
In the instance Camp is not held – in person or virtual – all paid families will have the option to receive a refund or a credit for another ACBX program/service. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to the possibility of keeping the camp experience for the children this summer!
– Jennifer Sanchez, Executive Director, ACBX
ABOUT ACBX KIDS SUMMER CAMP
ACBXKIDS camp explores the disciplines of Capoeira – self-defense, percussion, music, dance, acrobatics – and Brazilian cultural dance forms , providing participants with a fun and unique experience – different from your traditional summer camp! Our week(s) will also include nature-focused activities in local parks (weather permitting) and plenty of outdoor summer fun!
No capoeira or martial arts experience necessary. No uniform necessary.
CAMP PREVIEW DAY ON FEBRUARY 19, 2020
Only $65 for the day, 9-3pm. Ages 6+
SUMMER CAMP JULY 2020
Ages: 6-8 & 9-12
Days: Monday – Friday
Time: 9am – 3pm
Early drop off and late pick up available
Weekly Session (4 Weeks)
July 6 – 31, 2020
Early bird ends March 1:
1 Week $365
2 Weeks $$715
4 Weeks $1440
After March 1, regular pricing is:
1 Week $385
2 Weeks $760
3 Weeks $1500
Per Day: $90
Early Drop Off (8:30am) and Late Pick Up (5pm): $20 per day
Arrival is no earlier than 10 minutes prior to 9am. Pick up is no later than 3:15p Picking up after 3:15p will be treated as a late pick up and a $20 fee is due.
Siblings discounts available. Please contact the studio 718.884.5000 | email@example.com
Lunch & Snacks: Water and fruits will be provided. Campers must bring bagged lunch and snack each day.
Attire: Comfortable clothing and sneakers each day. Additional back up clothing, swimsuits and towels will be needed. Details of all needs will be shared with enrolled parents prior to camp start.
Staff: Artistic Director and Afro-Brazilian Arts expert, Professor Coco will lead and supervise physical arts programming. Camp management and programming execution will be under the supervision of Jennifer Sanchez and Charlene Dubin. Additional staffing information will be distributed to enrolled parents closer to camp commencement.
Programming / Activities
Update May 12, 2020: Please note activities may be adjusted to meet social distancing and/or any other CDC guidelines.
- Music and Percussion
- Dance, to include, Samba, Maculele, West African, among other cultural dance forms
- Nature-focused outdoor activities and hikes in local parks
- Swimming and water fun
- Field Trips each week may include places such as the New York Botanical Garden, The Bronx Zoo, The Museum of Natural History, The Cloisters among others!
PAYMENT PLAN AND RESERVING YOUR SPOT
Update May 12, 2020: In response to the COVID-19 crisis, we’ve extended payment dates and timelines, please contact us if your are interested in enrolling.
- Families may enroll by paying in up to 3 installments of equal amounts between February 1 – May 1, with autopay.
- 50% deposit confirms your enrollment. Full payment is due no later than May 1, 2020.
CANCELLATIONS AND PURCHASE POLICY
Update May 12, 2020: In the instance camp is not held – in person or virtual – enrolled families will have the option of a refund or credit for another ACBX program/service.
- Refund is available until May 15, 2020. After 5/15/20 ABADA-Capoeira Bronx will retain 50% of the total due. After June 1, 2020 there will be no refunds available and full amount is lost.
- A decrease in number of weeks enrolled is treated as a cancellation and multiple week discount will be revoked.
- No credits will be issued for other ACBX programming
Prior to camp start, parents will receive a package with all details regarding camp and forms to be completed.