ACBXKIDS camp explore the disciplines of Capoeira – self-defense, percussion, music, dance, acrobatics – and Brazilian cultural dance forms , providing participants with a fun and unique experience – different from your traditional summer camp! Our week(s) will also include nature-focused activities in local parks (weather permitting) and plenty of outdoor summer fun!
No capoeira or martial arts experience necessary. No uniform necessary.
CAMP PREVIEW DAY ON FEBRUARY 19, 2020
ON FEBRUARY 19 WE ARE OFFERING A ONE DAY CAMP! It’s a great opportunity to take a peek at what we’ll have in store for the summer and try it out!
Only $65 for the day, 9-3pm. Ages 6+
SUMMER CAMP JULY 2020
Ages: 6-8 & 9-12
Days: Monday – Friday
Time: 9am – 3pm
Early drop off and late pick up available
Weekly Session (4 Weeks)
July 6 – 31, 2020
Early bird ends March 1:
1 Week $365
2 Weeks $$715
4 Weeks $1440
After March 1, regular pricing is:
1 Week $385
2 Weeks $760
3 Weeks $1500
Per Day: $90
Early Drop Off (8:30am) and Late Pick Up (5pm): $20 per day
Arrival is no earlier than 10 minutes prior to 9am. Pick up is no later than 3:15p Picking up after 3:15p will be treated as a late pick up and a $20 fee is due.
Siblings discounts available. Please contact the studio 718.884.5000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch & Snacks: Water and fruits will be provided. Campers must bring bagged lunch and snack each day.
Attire: Comfortable clothing and sneakers each day. Additional back up clothing, swimsuits and towels will be needed. Details of all needs will be shared with enrolled parents prior to camp start.
Location: The studio and lots of outdoors! 5959 Broadway (242nd St.) Bronx NY 10463 | 718.884.5000
Staff: Artistic Director and Afro-Brazilian Arts expert, Professor Coco will lead and supervise physical arts programming. Camp management and programming execution will be under the supervision of Jennifer Sanchez and Charlene Dubin. Additional staffing information will be distributed to enrolled parents closer to camp commencement.
Programming / Activities will include
- Music and Percussion
- Dance, to include, Samba, Maculele, West African, among other cultural dance forms
- Nature-focused outdoor activities and hikes in local parks (weather permitting)
- Swimming and water fun
- Field Trips each week may include places such as the New York Botanical Garden, The Bronx Zoo, The Museum of Natural History, The Cloisters among others!
PAYMENT PLAN AND RESERVING YOUR SPOT
- Families may enroll by paying in up to 3 installments of equal amounts between February 1 – May 1, with autopay.
- 50% deposit confirms your enrollment. Full payment is due no later than May 1, 2020.
CANCELLATIONS AND PURCHASE POLICY
- Refund is available until May 15, 2020. After 5/15/20 ABADA-Capoeira Bronx will retain 50% of the total due. After June 1, 2020 there will be no refunds available and full amount is lost.
- A decrease in number of weeks enrolled is treated as a cancellation and multiple week discount will be revoked.
- No credits will be issued for other ACBX programming
Prior to camp start, parents will receive a package with all details regarding camp and forms to be completed.